The client is a New York based consultant for startups and small businesses. They are acclaimed for innovative software solution ideas that have helped businesses grow in the last 20 years. One of their solutions is an inventory planner & manager tool that helps create an inventory of items and create barcodes for boxes, bins or stock items when required. DreamzTech got the opportunity to enhance this software due to a growing need for consumers to have a simple way to track and quickly access information about what they’ve packed. The application would provide a method to link a list of items to a pre-printed label and allow the users to share the information with people in their phone contacts.
- Unification of data
from all equipment onto a single platform and automated interpretation.
- Registering a sample for
machine with upper and lower reading limits so that alerts can be generated in case
- Process data and represent
the form of animated graphs and charts wherever possible for instant decision
- Using Industrial IoT to
monitor equipment health and provide scheduled maintenance, proactive and preventive
- Platform to view the
status of a machine and the ability to view its breakdown history.
- The solution also provided
option to control machines from a user interface using PLC/SCADA and IoT.
- The existing mobile app was developed on outdated technology and was not upgradable.
- The existing barcode system was prone to data loss and lacked branding features.
- Complex workflow for creating items and inventories.
- The existing app was not capable of sharing information over the app.
- Lack of inventory item count tracking feature.
- The target audience was limited to small, local, retail businesses.
- No proper access and permission system were present.
- Inventory building process involved the manual entry of data.
SOLUTIONS WE PROVIDED
- Android app developed on the latest version of Android Studio and backend on Flutter.
- QR code-based labeling system with a customizable watermark/logo.
- Simple workflow from creating items to adding inventories and vice versa.
- Share information of items and inventories over the app via phonebook or print label.
- Users can add/modify item count. Application tracks date-time of change.
- The new app can be used by individuals, movers, and manufacturers.
- Sharing options with read/write permission or revoke access. Admin controls storage per user.
- Scan QR codes of items from several sources to auto add to an inventory.
ABOUT THE CLIENT
The client is a New York based consultant for startups and small businesses.
United States of America
SERVICES WE PROVIDED
DreamzTech team worked on scoping for the entire project to identify core features. Project plan, schedule, budget and infrastructure requirements were delivered. Monetization ideas were discussed.
Business analysts and Project Managers interviewed clients to gather requirements and create detailed flowcharts and data flow diagrams. User stories were documented and added to Backlog. Priorities were set.
Since the client’s goal was to make app workflow simpler and more intuitive, Our BA team generated interactive mockups to define the entire UX. PSDs were created to fuse branding style with a modern touch.
DreamzTech decided to redevelop the app on native platforms Android Studio and Swift over the use of hybrid platforms. Pros and cons were discussed with the client to make this decision.
As the development progressed, the client’s team requested some flow changes that went against the approved prototype. Our team worked extra hours to meet client demands and the deadline.
The QA team planned testing to meet the latest standards of speed, performance, and security. Automated testing was done wherever possible. QR code scans were tested over several devices / light conditions.