Your Transportation and Logistics business might be extremely rewarding but can come with numerous liabilities like risks related to damages, overhead costs, global economic inflation, and large untapped human resources. Automation has been successful in addressing all such problems. DreamzTech extended its Managed Services, to one of the most prominent International Courier Service providers in the UK to automate their whole transportation and logistics operations. The customer has been providing Door-to-door Courier services, Air & Sea Freight and Warehousing services since the past 21 years. Our team of SMEs, Business Analysts, Architects, Project Managers, and Developers worked with the client and developed a TMS system to computerize their operations by the implementation of the latest technologies and providing their customers with a tool to interact and receive services from them online.
- Unification of data
from all equipment onto a single platform and automated interpretation.
- Registering a sample for
machine with upper and lower reading limits so that alerts can be generated in case
- Process data and represent
the form of animated graphs and charts wherever possible for instant decision
- Using Industrial IoT to
monitor equipment health and provide scheduled maintenance, proactive and preventive
- Platform to view the
status of a machine and the ability to view its breakdown history.
- The solution also provided
option to control machines from a user interface using PLC/SCADA and IoT.
- Lack of a digital platform for managing freights, containers and shipment
- No control over rising costs of storage and transportation resulting in losses and uncertainty
- Lack of modern warehouse and inventory management system to support warehousing business
- Frequent delays in shipment due to unknown, unpredictable causes were a major concern
- Compromised relations with end customers due to the lack of a digital platform.
- Employee performance could not be ascertained
- A complete digital logistics management system including Freight, Container, Shipment and Item management.
- Total control over shipment planning with easy drag and drop feature
- Reduced cost using Co loading and route optimization. Revenue prediction and expense comparison
- Full-fledged inventory control system supporting planned section-wise storage in the warehouse.
- Mobile apps for customers for tracking, generating quotes for shipment and requesting refunds
- CRM with scheduling and reminders features were developed for sales representatives
- Create tasks for drivers, sales reps. Assign, schedule jobs and measure performance
ABOUT THE CLIENT
Your Transportation and Logistics business might be extremely rewarding but can come with numerous liabilities like risks related to damages, overhead costs, global economic inflation, and large untapped human resources.
United States of America
SERVICES WE PROVIDED
DreamzTech formed a Team of PM, QA, and Senior Developers post-analysis. The whole process of, Planning, Development and Support were extremely cost-effective and fast considering the complexity.
Solution architects and Business analysts worked together interviewing clients, clarifying requirements and creating a backlog of tasks. All tasks were scrutinized, cross-questioned and prioritized for smooth execution.
Architects, Tech Leads, QA Leads, and Senior developers worked together to determine the technology platform, design workflow, plan database, and API architecture. The application prototype was developed.
The whole application was developed over a span of nearly 3 years. DreamzTech allocated additional resources whenever needed to meet tight deadlines, quality standards, and cybersecurity measures.
The QA team planned testing to meet the latest standards on speed, performance, and security. Automated testing was done wherever possible. The test approach and disaster recovery mechanisms were determined.
The project was delivered in early 2019 since when our support team has been working on application maintenance. All issues faced by the application have been resolved to satisfaction as per the Service Level Agreement.